Enrollment in Nestkeeping 2018 opens later this year
Read below and if you're interested in being notified when enrollment opens, submit your info at the bottom of the page and I'll keep you in the loop!
Every year, I use my favorite month of October to engage in what I call Nestkeeping.
Nestkeeping is my adaptation of several decluttering influences: The Minimalists, Marie Kondo, and Denise Duffield Thomas. Minimalism, sparking joy, and building a first class lifestyle are how these influencers describe this work. Whatever words you use, the end goal is the same: Regain clarity and clear a path for new and better things to enter your life through the act of decluttering your external environment. Beyond that, decluttering your external environment has a direct effect on the state of your internal environment.
This game is not about "getting rid of all of you stuff." Nestkeeping simply tasks you with removing things that are no longer serving you for whatever reason so that there is room for things that will.
Join me in the Nestkeeping Game this October and you can win $250 to do one of my other favorite activities - pay down debt! No debt? Good for you! Take your winnings and invest in your future.
Check the rules below and if this sounds like your kind of challenge fill out the form at the bottom of the page to join.
NESTKEEPING GAME RULES:
1. The game begins on October 1st, but if you come in late you can catch up. Every date on the calendar tells you how many things you have to get rid of. So, on 10/1 we will get rid of one thing, on 10/2 two things, on 10/3 three things, and so on. By the end of the month we will each have gotten rid of 496 things!
2. What you get rid of is up to you. Just remember, the goal of the game is to declutter your life, so while counting ten paper clips as ten items is perfectly legal in terms of the game, it won’t get you terribly far.
3. “Get rid of” means you trash it, donate it, give it away, or sell it. Whatever you choose, it must leave your house/office/car/life by the time your head hits the pillow on November 1st. Some of you may prefer to remove things every day and others may want to pile everything up and deal with it at one time at the end of the month.
4. The game is tracked through a secret group on Facebook. Yes, you must have a Facebook account to enter. We use this space to hold each other accountable, give loads of encouragement, share photos and post funny gifs.
1. Fill out the form below. By submitting your information to be included in the contest, you release Folded Owl and Facebook from any liability resulting from your participation. You agree that you have read the rules and agree to the terms and conditions contained therein.
3. After receiving your form and verifying your information you will be invited to join the secret Nestkeeping Game group on Facebook. You must be in the group to earn entries. If you leave the group you cannot rejoin later. Only Administrators can add new members to the group.
4. By joining the Facebook group, you agree to maintain a positive and supportive attitude toward all other participants in the group. You also agree to maintain the privacy of participants by not sharing posts or other information with anyone outside of the group. You are welcome to share your personal experiences, but please do not share anything about other participants. Anyone caught doing so will be removed and blocked from any future participation.
5. Everyone who completes the game for the month will receive five entries. Earn additional entries for bonus challenges that I post throughout the month. For example, one day I may challenge everyone to get rid of old underwear (yes, really). Everyone who completes the bonus challenge will earn one additional entry.
6. There will be one winner of the $250 debt pay off cash prize. Three additional winners will receive a free one-hour personal finance consultation with me, to be used by December 31, 2017.
7. All entries will go into the hopper and I will announce the winners on November 3rd at 9:00 am Central.